Friday, February 25, 2011

Website Third Draft Template and Comps

So I thought about it, my problem with the map layout was that maps aren't organized. Names follow the shape of the continents they outline. The first and second drafts didn't really go over as a map since it didn't have any funky icons or land layout. If I were to put in land, it would just be covered up by website content. Maps have no vertical or horizontal navigation (in regards to text) Also my business card is already a map. 
So what is old and does have vertical and horizontal text? A scroll yay, so the third (and hopefully final) draft is based off of a scroll.
To fit the new scroll theme, I also changed the curvy tree to bamboo. It also gives me more real estate for content.

 

I haven't figured out what text I'm going to put on the "about me" page yet, but I have included a call to action at the bottom. Help me keep my poor cat fat and happy, he's just wasting away. 


The "gallery" page functions as sort of a second home page just for my artwork. I have navigation at the bottom for whatever a person happens to be looking to see. The content at the top changes depending on what section the person is in (demo reel, animation or illustration) and they can switch between sections using the navigation at the bottom. 


The "resume" page is a shortened version of my full resume. It sums up the most important stuff (skills and education) and will also include some testimonials at the bottom. If a person wants to see it, they can download or view the full PDF version. I will probably make an icon for this fitting the scroll theme, but right now just think of the icon up there as a placeholder. 


The "contact me" page will have a contact form on the left side. On the right side under "stay in touch" are links to social networking sites I belong to. I've made wax seal buttons for them, right now they are facebook, blogger, deviant art, and linked in. I left room in case I need to add anymore networks.



No comments:

Post a Comment